Guide for NU Members
- Users are required to present their I.D. or their Central Library card when they enter the library.
- Please refrain from taking luggage inside the library. Bags are not allowed inside the library. Please put your luggage in the refundable coin locker in the library lounge.
- Please keep quiet and do not eat or drink in the library.
- Library materials, except for rare books and microform materials, are located in the open stacks.
- After browsing library materials, please return them to where they were.
- If you need to use rare books or microform materials, please contact the circulation desk.
- When searching for library materials being held by the Economics Library, please search under “Economics” in the OPAC.
- When searching for library materials being held by the Economic Research Centre, please search under “Economic Research” in the OPAC.
- In the OPAC, if the status of a material is “in laboratory”, it means that the material is currently being used in the laboratory. If you want to use the material, please contact the circulation desk.
|First Item of the Call No.||Materials||Location|
|Number||Books||Japanese Books: Library 1F
Foreign Books: Library 1F, 1st stack room 1F
|閲覧参考||Reference Books||Library 1F (wall surface)|
|書庫参考||Reference Books||1st stack room 1F (wall surface)|
|HGP、指定||Textbooks||Library 1F (wall surface)|
|YZ||Journals||Library 1F||大型||Large Books/Journals||Large Books (Japanese): 1st stack room 1F (wall surface)
Large Books/Journals (Foreign): 1st stack room 2F
|H+Call No.||Doctoral Thesis (Graduate School of Economics)||1st stack room 1F (wall surface)|
|V-**||Audio-Visual Materials||Library 1F (wall surface)|
|Microform Materials||Microfilm room(*)|
|Rare||Rare book||Rare book room(**)|
|Roman numbers (I-XXII)||Former Economics School Materials||1st stack room 2F|
|OECD||OECD Publications||1st stack room 2F|
|W.P., NBER||Working Paper
||1st stack room 2F|
|FG-**||Foreign Government Publications||1st stack room 2F|
|EU-**||EU Publications||Library 1F|
|An alphabet other than the above||International Organization Publications||1st stack room 2F||新聞縮刷版||Reduced-size Newspapers||1st stack room 1F (wall surface)|
(*): The room is locked. If you want to use materials in the room, please ask the circulation desk.
(**): Rarebook room is locked. To browse the materials in the rare book room, an application is required in advance. Please contact the circulation desk for the details.
Users are required to present their I.D. or their Central Library cards when borrowing library materials.
- Circulation materials: books, audio-visual materials, doctoral thesis
- Non-circulating materials: journals, newspapers, reference books, rare books, microform materials
- Non-circulating materials can be lent temporarily for making photo copies during library open hours. The user is required to fill in an application form for making photo copy.
|Faculty||No limit||No due date(*1)||－|
|Graduate students (Doctoral course)||No limit||No due date(*1)|
|Graduate students (Master course), Staffs and Researchers||20 items||2 months||Renewal time: Once|
|Undergraduate students(*2)||3 items||2 weeks|
|Research students and Auditors||10 items||2 months||Department: Others|
|Faculty, Staffs, and Researchers||20 items||2 months||Renewal time: Once|
|Graduate students||10 items||2 months|
|Undergraduate students(*2)||3 items||2 weeks||Others|
|Professor emeritus of NU(*3)||20items||2months||Renewal time: Once|
- The following library materials can be lent to NU members. Renewal is not allowed:
- Audio-visual materials and doctoral thesis: 1 item for 1 week
- HGP: 3 items for 2 weeks
(*1): If, for some reason, a NU member looses his/her qualification, please return the library materials borrowed from the Economics Library.
(*2): For undergraduate students, long-term lending is permitted during the summer vacation.
(*3): Undergraduate fourth-year Economics Department’s students can borrow up to 5 copies of the library materials for writing their graduation thesis from October to the sub-mission deadline of their thesis.
(*4): Require emeritus card or Central Library card.
- Library materials should be returned within the due date.
- Please place the library materials in the book drop in front of the Economics Library en-trance when the library is closed.
- Library materials borrowed from another library should be returned to the library from which it was borrowed.
- The material having "checked out" mark on the OPAC is available to make a reservation on the internet. Search it on the OPAC, press the "reserve" button next to the status sign of "borrowing" and log in with Nagoya Univ. ID/Password. For details, please refer to the link below. →[Guide Sheet: Reserve Books That are Currently on Loan]
- We will send you an e-mail as soon as a reservation material is available. Please come to the library to pick up a material as soon as possible.
- Copying is allowed only for materials owned at the Economics Library. Library users may copy a portion of Library materials within the limit of Copyright Law, for the purpose of private study or research.
- To make photo copies, an application at the circulation desk is required in advance.
- Photocopier at Economics Library is only available to faculty members and graduate students of School of Economics.
- Non-circulating materials can be lent temporarily for making photo copies during library open hours. Users are required to fill in an application form for making photo copy.
Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
- Nagoya University Library provides Interlibrary Loans Services (ILL) mainly for student, faculty and staff in the university. If materials you wish to browse are not available at the library you are using in Nagoya University Libraries, you can request ordering actual materials or photocopies from other libraries both on and off campus. Services may differ depending on the user’s status, also due to agreements with other libraries.
- Nagoya University Library bears a part of the charge of ILL from April, 2013. For more detail, please read the document (in Japanese).
How to order
- You can order via OPAC. Please click the "InterLibrary Copy Request" or "InterLibrary Loan Request" on top of the OPAC then log in with Nagoya Univ. ID/Password. Please choose the "Economics" for "pick-up library". For details, please refer to Interlibrary Loan or [Guide Sheet: Interlibrary Loan/Copy Request]
- If you cannot order via OPAC, please fill in the form below then take it to the circulation desk at the Economics Library. The form below is also provided at our counter.
Visiting Other Libraries
- For details, please refer toVisit.
Visiting Institute of Developing Economies (IDE) Libraries
- In accordance with "The Memorandum about Inter-library Loan between IDE Library and Nagoya University Library", the members (staffs and students) of Nagoya University are allowed to visit IDE Library and borrow the library materials at the IDE Library.
- Please apply for the IDE Library card at the Inter-library Loan/Reference Desk in Nagoya University Central Library before visiting.