Reference Service (Study Support)
We provide academic information needed for education, research, and study reference. Also, we can help conduct literature research.
Inquiry and Consultation
Ask at the Reference & Interlibrary Loan Desk to find and locate documents or to investigate a specific topic.
■Reference and Interlibrary Loan Desk
- Location: Near the entrance gate on the second floor
- Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- The desk accepts investigation and consultation on study and research such as:
- I cannot find a document or a data
- I want to know how to use a database
- Mail Inquiry: Inquiry Form
- Location: North side of the Learning Commons
- Hours: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Support staff who are postgraduate students will support you in your study. They can speak Japanese, English and Chinese. Consult with them when you need an advice on report writing or study support for special field.
■Peer Support : The Student Support office.
- Location: Peer Support Northeast side of second floor, Central Library
- Hours: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Wednesday, (Class days only)
- Student staff will help you deal with troubles in your campus life, such as study, socials, etc.
Nagoya University Peer Support
The Reference Books Corner will give you your first clue when you start searching for a topic for a report or assignment. Get started and learn how to make use of reference books and tools.
The reference books corner on the second floor provides a range of books such as dictionary, encyclopedia, yearbook and collection catalog. Come to Reference Books Corner for help when you want to find out a word’s meaning, get an overview of a topic, or try to look up statistics.
※Reference Books are not for loan. Take copies if you need.
There are also encyclopedias, language dictionaries and specialized dictionaries on PC. You can search multiple dictionaries at once, or from text. E-book
■Database Corner (In-Library Use)
We have CD-ROM/DVD database and online database which are only available in Central Library. Please refer to Database for access.
- Contact: Reference & Interlibrary Loan Desk, second floor
- Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (The payment for printing shall be completed by 4:45 pm)
Workshop and Guidance
We have workshops for sharing experience in how to find the document you want and make use of the library services. There, you can find useful learning skills, especially on how to use database.
Please see the notice or website of the Central Library and other libraries.
We will update Guide Sheet to our website to explain how to use literature search tools in detail. Besides, there is also a page to summarize the useful information.